High school classes are held for 16 Monday evenings, 7:00 – 8:30 PM, throughout the formation year. We begin with a large group teaching in the Church Hall and then split into grade-specific small group classes to discuss the topic more in depth. We also explore ways to apply the lesson to our lives at the high school comprehension level.
Our Theme for Ninth Grade is: “Theology of the Body”. The Theology of the Body helps us learn to receive God’s love so we can give and receive it with others in our lives.
- Contrary to popular belief, this is not “sex education”. God created our bodies to help us experience life and love with Him and with each other.
- Theology of the Body invites us into a deeper, more authentic relationship with God and a more healthy sense of self, and, thus, guiding us into healthy relationships with other.
- Instead of seeing the body as bad or dirty, and treating our sexual desires like they should be repressed or ignored, the Theology of the Body reveals that our body and its desires actually point us to the meaning of life!
- This revolutionary teaching, given to us by Pope Saint John Paul II, says that our bodies are holy and good
Our Theme for Tenth and Eleventh Grade is: “Chosen: Your Journey Toward Confirmation”
- This two year Confirmation Prep Program prepares teens both intellectually and spiritually to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation and to become lifelong disciples of Christ.
- “Teens who experience Chosen will find themselves drawn deeply into the beauty of Catholicism and the love of Jesus Christ. In a world searching for meaning, Chosen speaks to the hearts and minds of our youth…This is a new level of catechesis that uses modern methods to transmit eternal truths.” Most Reverend Charles J. Chaput, O.F.M. Cap., Archbishop of Philadelphia
In addition to the regular Monday evening classes, students must complete six FIATs during the academic year and summer.